Thursday, October 15, 2009

WORDS- THE BEAUTY AND ESSENCE OF POETRY

WORDS- THE BEAUTY AND ESSENCE OF POETRY

Words beautifully written are the best way to express feelings, emotions, moods and even the most extreme desires. The power of words lies within the mind of an individual whose heart gives that person support to create a master piece. And these words are the beauty of poetry, which is the beauty and essence of poetry.

Once in a while, when the moment is evident and feelings fill my heart and words, my mind, I am forced to write a poem, out of personal insight and to enlighten my thoughts and feelings. These poems have a mood of their own, their own story to tell, and after I write the first line, words come flowing in. when I am in the process of writing the poem, I feel completely absorbed in it until it is finished, and when the poem is conclude, a deep feeling of satisfaction strikes me and that moment of pleasure, I truly cherish.

I started writing four years ago, when I was going through a dark phase of my life. Usually I have written about loss, betrayal and dishonesty, because these are the feeling I have felt the most. Here, however I will enlighten on the poem that I deeply value. I have always been inspired by the dark silent nights, rain, and seas. I just love the moonlight seeking through the dark clouds reflecting beautifully on the sea. Standing at the shore wind brushing though my face, soaking in the rain and absorbing the beauty of the silent night has been my ultimate fantasy. And for that I wrote something which for me is my most beautiful creation up till now…

IN THE BEAUTY OF THE SILENT NIGHT
In the beauty if the silent night,
Purple haze beyond the twilight.
The peaceful, soothing surrounding sea,
Indicating something is about to be.
Blurry images of sailing ships,
At a distance I see from where I sit.
Suddenly I hear a painful sound,
So clear, I feel someone is around.
When the moonlight seeks through the Horizon,
A beautiful shadow comes in my vision.
Lovely, glowing wrapped up in white,
Curiosity in my heart it ignites.
Following it I quietly walk,
In the midst of somewhere it abruptly stops.
Thunder strikes and it begin to rain,
Adding to the beauty of this silent pain.
Standing on the rock I absorb the scene,
It slowly turns and smiles at me.
Lost in its beautiful mystic eyes,
Watching it disappear in the grey skies.
I realized it was just another wandering spirit,
In the beauty if the silent night.
This poem speaks of a lost soul like myself, wandering in search something. Someone, who has been through pain of life and seeking a bright ray of light, and after writing this the night even looks more beautiful to me.

When I write, it feels like I am releasing my burden. I sacrificed a lot in the way of love that I gave freely and in return I went through torment, sorrow and grievous pain. And now, the words I give my poems are my priceless jewels, my assets that I value a lot.

~Aliza~